|Carmody-Class Surveillance Ship|
|Use||Spy Vessel |
Q-Ship / Armed Merchant
|Tech Base||Clan Experimental (See notes)|
|Sail Diameter||950 meters|
|Fuel||10,000 tons (25,000)|
|KF Drive Integrity||7|
|Armor||Lamellor ferro-carbide armor |
Aft Sides: 28/28
|Crew||22 officers |
78 bay personnel
|Grav Decks||1 (1 = 140 meter diameter)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||20 / 20|
|Heat Sinks||432 (864) Double Heat Sinks|
A creation of 2ndAcr, the Carmody-Class Surveillance Ship is a WarShip design produced in the Fate Can Be Cruel/Hegemony AU's Star League. The ship is crafted to resemble a Tramp-Class civilian JumpShip.
It like the previous, Merchant Surveillance Ship, produced centuries before were always intended to blend into JumpShip merchant traffic with opponents unaware of it's true nature and observe unnoticed. Not unlike an Invader Class JumpShip, it harbors same DropShip collar capacity, and so forth. However, the vessel is fitted out with latest Star League/Clan technologies to spy of potential problem while pretending to be civilian JumpShip. Making it formidable opponent for anyone who may attempt to jump it aside from true WarShip.
The ship was conceived in 3021 near the end of the Third Succession War. Initially created as part of the of the Terran Hegemony in Exile preparations for Clan Invasion coming in the not too distant future. Like ships built by the Hegemony, the ship fitted with Slip Stream Drive, giving it superior range/distant any normal JumpShip would normally have.
Armament and Equipment
Carmondy vessels unlike other civilian JumpShips, fitted out with it's own interplanetary engines like other small WarShips. The ship tonnage nearly doubled of the older Merchant Surveillance Ships produced at end of the Star League Era by then fledgling Terran Hegemony in the Periphery.
Not intended for direct contact with hostile, the Hegemony engineers excluded Capital Weapons from the design. Using only conventional weaponry (by Hegemony Standards), each of the Carmondy's firing arcs has trio of 8 Pulse Large lasers & Small Pulse Lasers in one Laser Bay. The Large and small pulse lasers are intended to handle intruders coming too close to the ship. The Small Pulse Lasers also server in the Point Defense role as well.
The Carmondy's hull has been fitted with by 150 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor. Doubling the protection found on it's older companion predecessor. Armor is equally spread to cover the rest of ship's hull with a even proportion of protection.
For it's intended specialized mission, the ship has been fitted with;
- 1 Mobile Hyperpulse Generators (Mobile HPG)
- 8 Satellite Imager [Infrared Imager]
- 8 Satellite Imager [High-Resolution (Hi-Res) Imager]
- 8 Satellite Imager [Look-Down Radar]
- 1 Naval Comm-Scanner Suite (Large)
- Lithium-fusion battery system (Slip Stream)
- 3 Lithium-Fusion Battery (Added batteries is for Slip Stream use)
- ATAC Computer
- Bay 2 - Fighter (12) - 4 Doors
- Bay 1 - Fighter (12) - 4 Doors
- Bay 2 - Small Craft (6) - 2 Doors
- Bay 3 - Cargo (16406.0 tons) - 1 Doors
- The Carmody Surveillance Ship was originally posted on the official BattleTech Forums as part of the Fate Can Be Cruel - Part II fan story series. It continued to be used in second part of the book series, Fate Can Be Cruel - Book Two.
- Tech Rating/Availability: F/X-X-F-F
- The Slip Steam Technology is creation for this setting/AU. Which is explained by clicking the link for normal game use.
- Bg.BattleTech Forums - AeroSpace/Fan Designs and Rules - Fate Can Be Cruel - Part II
- Fate Can Be Cruel - Book Two